Magic Carpets is a platform uniting 13 European partners and intended for traveling emerging artists to work in socially engaged and responsible art field (visual art, public art, community art, exhibitions, performances, documentary theatre, online art, etc) to research and to implement new productions together with local artists and local communities with aims:
– to enlarge a mutual understanding between the local population and ‘strangers’ (‘others’) through innovative ways of story-telling and co-creation;
– to boost the skills of emerging artists to work ‘outside the institution’ and research deeper into the sociocultural context of the host city or ‘unknown land’;
– to increase the visibility of emerging talents through transnational mobility of artists and artworks and through the broad visibility of partners’ international profile;
– to trigger intercultural and interfaith dialogue, and facilitate the integration of displaced people and refugees;
– to develop new and deepen existing contacts with various audiences and target groups in many European cities and countries through the inclusive cultural programme and extensive use of information, communication, digital technologies, and innovative approaches;
– to ensure the visibility of European values and different cultures;
– to guarantee the European quality of the project and the legacy of the partnership as well as the branding strategy beyond the project period.